QuickBooks for Photographers Seminar
Thursday March 19th, 2009 6:00-9:00 PM
John Deane Quickbooks
QuickBooks for Photographers:
Presented by QuickBooks Pro Advisor and APA Photographer John Deane with
Joseph Scutellaro, C.P.A., tax specialist.QuickBooks for Photographers Seminar Topics:
1. How to easily integrate accounting software into your daily business.
2. How to set up QuickBooks quickly.
3. The Profit & Loss Statement and the Balance Sheet for photographers.
4. Customizing estimates and invoices specific to your business.
5. Built-in accounting reports to better understand your fiscal health.
6. How to avoid mistakes that can lead to Income Tax and Sales Tax audits.
7. How to properly separate your business and personal finances.
1. Automatically syncing Mac Address Book contacts with QuickBooks for Mac.
2. Setting financial reminders automatically in iCal.
3. Sales Tax and 1099 Reports made easy.
4. Paperless records.
5. Creating realistic budgets sharing QuickBooks data with Excel.
6. Your working relationship with your accountant.
What you will come away with:
1. A custom Chart of Accounts for Photographers.*
2. A Budget template created in Excel for importing QuickBooks data.
3. The confidence to finally manage your business finances accurately and efficiently.
With QuickBooks you will:
1. Impress your clients.
2. Impress your accountant.
3. Impress yourself. Proper record keeping can be easier than you ever thought.
QuickBooks System Requirements:
1. QuickBooks 2009 for Mac: Mac OS X v10.5.4 (Leopard)
2. QuickBooks 2007 for Mac: Mac OS X v10.4 or 10.5
3. QuickBooks Pro 2008: Windows XP/Vista
4. This seminar will be presented using QuickBooks 2009 for Mac, with just a brief look at QuickBooks Pro 2008 on Windows. Most functions are basically the same.
Questions & Answers time
1. Attendees are encouraged to send questions in advance.
2. Ample time will be allotted to answering questions.
*While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this seminar, the presenters assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information or materials disseminated at this seminar. QuickBooks is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
About the Presenters:
John Deane is a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor as well as a working professional photographer and member of APA. Before becoming a photographer Mr. Deane was a financial controller in book publishing, the restaurant business, and later for a New York fashion designer. Including the time managing his own studio and photography business in midtown, he has over 35 years experience in accounting, and uses QuickBooks Pro for Mac to manage his finances.
As a photographer he has worked for many national and international magazines and clients and published a book of dance photography, Acts of Light, Martha Graham in the 21st Century, in 2006. He is an avid member of APA, and in 2007 he won first prize in the Legacy category in the annual APA National Photo Competition.
QuickBooks for Photographers Seminar
John Deane QuickBooks Training
Joseph F. Scutellaro, CPA, is the Partner in charge of the Tax Department at Jump, Scutellaro and Company, L.L.P., Toms River, NJ. Mr. Scutellaro has specialized in Taxation since 1985 and over the past 20 years he has been involved in ever aspect of tax practice including individuals, partnerships, S-corporations, large multi-state consolidated tax returns and tax practice management.
Mr. Scutellaro is a current member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountant’s Tax Executive Committee, as well as the Chair of the Working Group on Tax Practice Quality Control. Formerly he was a member of the Tax Practice Responsibility Committee, where he helped author the AICPA’s Tax Practice Quality Control Guide. He also previously served as Chair of the Institute’s E-file Task Force and a member of the Tax Practice and Procedures and Member Tax Practice Improvement Committees. He is also very active in the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, currently serving as the Chair of the Professional Conduct Committee and a member of the New Jersey CPA Magazine Editorial Advisory Board. Previously he served two years as Treasurer of the NJSCPA, as well as Chair of the Finance Committee, Tax Resource Group and Federal Taxation Committee. He is a frequent lecturer and Author for the AICPA and NJSCPA on various technical tax topics as well as tax practice management and ethics.
WHAT: QuickBooks for Photographers Seminar
WHEN: Thursday March 19th 2009, Doors at 6:00PM, Seminar 6:30-9:00 PM
WHERE: Calumet Photographic, 22 W 22nd Street, between 5th and 6th Aves, 2nd Floor
COST: $10 APA Members, $15 Students, $25 Non members ($5 more at the door!)
Bloom exists to help creatives run an efficient and profitable online business