Terms and Conditions - APA|NY Photo Contest
By entering APA|NY Photo Contests, entrants:
Warrant to APA New York that they have created and own the work submitted (including all elements of the work) and that nothing within any work has been copied or added from another person’s work.
Warrant that the whole copyright and any other form of intellectual property right in the work is vested in them.
Warrant that they have not in any way assigned, licensed, disposed of, or otherwise encumbered any of their rights which allow them to deal freely with the work and the copyright therein.
Warrant that they have obtained model or property releases from any persons and/or property owners requiring such, featured in their submitted photographs allowing publication in any and all media forms.
Agree that their work may be exhibited or shown during APA sponsored events, as well as on the APA website and APA promotional materials, allowing for the photographer to retain complete control over the licensing and sale of their work.
Agree that APA|NY may reproduce and may allow reproduction of winning images in APA|NY approved publications. Credit will be given to the photographer for any image(s) used.
Acknowledge that APA|NY relies fully upon the warranties and license given by Entrants when submitting their entries for consideration to Give Us Your Best Shot Photo Contest. Entrants indemnify and hold APA|NY harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs and expenses arising as a result of any allegation that the relevant Entrant did not own or is not wholly entitled and authorized to allow publication and reproduction of the work by APA|NY.
High resolution images will be needed from winners for promotion in “proof sheet” and promotion to creative. APA New York reserves the right to disqualify any winner not providing the required personal information, headshot, and/or winning image in the requested file format and size within two weeks of APA's request via the contact information supplied by the entrant. Replacement winners will be selected at the judge's discretion.
Judging is a blind process. Photographer's names will only be disclosed to the Judges after the curating process has been completed. The decision of the Judge's of the competition shall be final and binding.
Entrants retain full copyright to their images and grant no usage to APA New York other than those granted herein. APA New York, the Sponsors, or Venues showing an exhibition of winners shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any entry. Submission of an entry to the competition automatically constitutes the contestant's acceptance of all conditions set forth in the above rules. It also acknowledges the right of APA New York to use the photographer's likeness and information, as well as the winning images, in exhibitions and promotions, in any and all forms of print, electronic and digital media, related to APA|NY Give Us Your Best Shot Photo Ccontest, for up to 24 months following the 2016 Competition winner's announcement.
APA|NY 2016 Photo Contest - Give Us Your Best Shot
Deadline for entries is May 16, 2016. Entry fees cannot be refunded, once submitted.
Winners will be announced on/or about June 15th 2016.
- Only digital images are accepted through our online submission process.
- All files must be jpegs, no smaller than 1200 pixels on the shortest side and at most 4000 pixels, 72 dpi, sRGB color profile, with no visible identifying text/symbols.
- Image files need no unique title by the entrant. Image files are identified to the entry and assigned an arbitrary ID for the "blind" judging.
- A single entry is one image.
- A series is 3 to 5 images.
- No diptychs or triptychs will be accepted.
- There is no limit on the number of single entries submitted.
- There is no limit on the number of series entries submitted.
- Single images in a series will not be judged as single images.
- You do not need to be an APA member to enter the contest, but members receive a discount on entry fees.
- Anyone claiming APA membership must be current in their dues at the time of entry and when winners are announced.
Questions? Please email us with any questions at email@example.com