Let’s Talk Legal 2
Thursday April 2nd, 2009 – 6-9 PM
Join moderator/instructor Louisa Curtis and a stellar panel line-up to talk about all things legal, copyright and licensing—essential issues for anyone engaged in the business of photography.
The panel is comprised of three attorneys, all experts in the field of copyright law and infringement, one photo agent, as well as a senior art buyer and a print production manager from the advertising agency side—all of whom have in-depth experience with a wide range of issues. We will draw on real-life case studies pertaining to these legal topics, and our panelists look forward to taking questions during the Q&A portion of the evening.
We will address and discuss such topics as:
* Why is copyright registration so important, and how to go about it.
* What is the difference between published and unpublished works?
* What to do in the case of an infringement, whether the images are registered or not.
* Understanding the language of licensing, contracts, terms and conditions.
* When does the use of images for comps cross over the line to infringement?
* What is the best strategy for negotiating reuse?
* In today’s digital age, how best can a photographer protect their images on the internet?
* Liability and why you need releases.
Don’t miss this exciting group of experts who can help guide and educate you in the sometimes tricky but essential business of protecting your work.
Here is some feedback from last year’s sold-out event:
“HUGELY informative and useful” Jim Jatcko
“Great discussion. Helpful and maddeningly frustrating all at the same time…
keep ‘em comin’!” Ric Kallaher
“Many thanks for this informative forum…
Extremely valuable as I’m just starting out in the field.” Annette Osband
This panel is suitable for all levels and is especially important for anyone who is interested or involved in the business of licensing their creative works.
Moderator: Louisa Curtis – Chatterbox Enterprises
Panel: Ed Burgoyne – Director of Print Production, TAXI Inc.
Ashima A. Dayal – Attorney & Partner, Davis & Gilbert, LLP
Erin Rabasca – Head of Art Buying, R/GA
Nicole Page – Attorney, Reavis, Parent, Lehrer, LLP
Eric Vaughn-Flam – Attorney, Sanders, Ortoli, Vaughn-Flam & Rosenstadt, LLP
George Watson – Watson & Spierman Productions
Manufacturing durable, high-end lighting equipment for professional filmmakers and...